IES of Wichita Scholarship Fund
GUIDELINES FOR ADMINISTRATION OF THE ILLUMINATING ENGINEERING SOCIETY (IES) OF WICHITA SCHOLARSHIP
Revised May 2023
The Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) of Wichita is pleased to offer a one-year $1,000 scholarship to eligible students.
- Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate or graduate student(s) enrolled full time at Kansas State University in the College of Engineering.
- No applicant will be excluded from consideration on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran.
- Applicant must be an architectural engineering major with an emphasis in electrical/lighting design.
- Preference will be given to applicants with work experience at a Wichita A/E/C firm.
- Total scholarship award will be $1000, and will be applied directly to the student’s tuition through the KSU Office of Student Financial Assistance. $500 will be applied prior to the start of the upcoming Fall semester, and the remaining $500 will be applied the following December.
- Applicant shall be an active participant in the local collegiate chapter of Illuminating Engineering Society (IES).
- The award will be made without regard to financial need.
- Applicant shall have and maintain a minimum 2.75 grade point average.
Application materials must be received no later than June 1st, 2023. In order to be considered, the following material must be submitted:
- Completed Application Form
- One Letter of recommendation from a current professor or professional employer.
Applications shall be addressed to Nate Ritta, President of the Wichita Chapter of IES. Please submit all requested information via email to [email protected]. Students may request electronic copies of application forms from Fred Hasler, P.E. Associate Professor.
The Recipient(s) will be selected by the IES Wichita Leadership Committee based on the application material provided. All scholarship applicants will be notified of the committee’s decision by July 1st, 2023.
- Joshua Marshall (2019)
- Kristen Graves (2018)